Friday, March 22, 2013

Care Package #6: St. Patrick's Day

This St. Patrick's Day box isn't a normal one.  This is because last year's St. Patrick's Day was very unordinary.  After complaining about stomach pains for a month, Daniel ended up having appendicitis and had his appendix removed on St. Patrick's Day last year.  While everyone was drinking green beer, we were eating hospital cafeteria food.  Yum.  So of course I wanted to commemorate his "Appendix Anniversary" as well as St. Patrick's Day in this box.
I covered the box in green paper and cut out "St. Patrick's Day" on one side and "Happy Appendix Anniversary" on the other.  Ridiculous, I know.  But it gets better!  I made a pot of gold and leprechaun that pops out with a pipe cleaner and put an appendix in his hands.  Kinda gross, but I thought it was hilarious!
Everything I put in the box was green, including...
lucky charms
sour cream and onion pringles
green post-its
band-aids
life-saver mints
emerald breakfast nut mix
stride gum
thin mint girl scout cookies
arizona green tea
granola bars
deodorant
monster trail mix
I also baked him some green mint chocolate chip cookies I found on Pinterest.
Happy Green Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment