Monday, January 28, 2013

Care Package #3: Super Bowl

I'm not going  to lie, I totally stole the idea for this box from a friend from work who has a man in the Navy.  And although the Broncos didn't make it to the Super Bowl (moment of silence...) I wanted Daniel to be able to have fun on Super Bowl Sunday with his buddies.

I started out decorating the box with scrap booking paper from Hobby Lobby.  I used the yard line paper on the bottom and clouds going up the side.  I cut yellow paper into the shape of goal posts and only attached them to the inside so that they would pop out of the box when he opened it.  Then I taped football paper on the opposite sides and stuck football stickers all over.  In Broncos colors I wrote "Super Bowl Sunday" and "you are my MVP" using construction paper and the Cricut machine.  I love how it turned out!

 Then I threw some football-ish food inside including...
Tootsie pops
BBQ sunflower seeds
Gatorade mix
Propel mix
Kettle corn pop corn
Roasted peanuts
Slim Jims
Gum
Small blow up football
Salsa & Chips (chips not pictured)
Football shaped candies (also not pictured)
Letters I wrote 
This box ended up only costing around $25 including the shipping and he loved it! 
Next box- Valentine's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment